Liability insurance provides the policyholder with protection against a vast amount of possible situations brought about by their actions or services that they provide. Our cover is designed to protect you from unexpected incidents that could potentially have a long term damaging effect on your business.
Liability insurance policies can be specifically adapted to fit the requirements of a sole trader, a small business or a large organisation.
If your business has employees, your liability insurance policy should include employers liability insurance to protect yourself from litigious claims where injury, loss or damage is suffered by third parties or made by current or former employees. This could include injury to person or damage to property. Employer’s liability is a legal requirement if you have anyone working for you, whether they be an employee or volunteer.
Typical liability policies may cover:
- Personal and Advertising Injury – Protects against offenses made by you or your staff during the course of business, such as libel, slander, disparagement or copyright infringement in advertisements.
- Defence Costs – Provides cover for legal expenses for liability claims brought against your business, regardless of who is at fault.
- Medical Expenses – Provides cover for medical expenses if someone is injured on your premises or by your products.
- Premises and Operations Liability – Provides cover for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others on your premises or in conjunction with your business operations.
- Products Liability – Provides cover for bodily injury and property damage sustained by others as a result of your products.
Liability insurance is vital. Claim costs can be so high as a result can put the average small business out of operation and left with a hefty debt. Should your business be responsible for injuring a member of the public or even a subcontractor employed to carry out your business, your public liability insurance policy will take care of the associated legal costs.
Adjusting your liability insurance policy
We understand that requirements change and we have streamlined the process of adjusting your policy when required. Our account managers are on hand to handle this aspect of your cover so you can be confident that your policy are updated correctly and the cover that you receive is adequate.
So if you’re looking for liability cover, please get in touch with our specialist team. We offer our liability cover as a single policy or as a combined policy if you need more than one type. Call us on 0121 293 5764 to discuss all your insurance requirements. Alternatively, complete our quote form and we’ll be in touch with you as soon as possible.